AOR Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and appreciate the strength of diversity.
We are currently looking to recruit for a fulltime position for a Conference and Event Planner to join our team. This is a remote position. As this position is a remote position, applicants must have access to high quality internet service during working hours. Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role, as our success depends on meeting our client’s tailored requirements.
At AOR Solutions, you will be joining a team of dynamic professionals who pride themselves on exceptional service and commitment to success for our clients. We also appreciate the value of work-life balance for our staff. We serve clients in various fields with management, administrative, and executive support.
AOR Solutions offers an environment that allows you to continue developing your career and skills by providing challenging and rewarding opportunities to serve clients in various areas, while working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
What you will be working on:
- All aspects of planning virtual and in person academic and professional association conferences, webinars, continuous professional learning opportunities, meetings and webinars for AOR’s clients
- Identify client’s requirements and expectations for events
- Plan conference, event or meeting with attention to financial and time constraints, including scheduling and event operations
- Develop communication and event marketing and promotional materials
- Develop sponsorship packages in consultation with client, and manage signing and fulfillment of sponsorship agreements
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, sponsors and stakeholders during the event
- Organize meeting times, locations and logistics and coordinate with other staff, clients and attendees to ensure all are aware of details
- Develop event budgets and track spending
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
- Administrative duties to support conferences, events, meetings and webinars
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
- Work closely with other members of the AOR team in serving client needs
Who is a good fit for the team:
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations, communications or relevant field is preferred
- Proven experience and track record for successful conference and event planning
- Experience in planning academic conferences an asset
- Proficiency in both English and French an asset
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Self-motivation with an ability to work independently and remotely
- Keen attention to detail is essential
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with external suppliers, internal leaders, peers and other employees
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Professional development days
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
How to apply:
Please email a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.