Job Title: Events and Communications Coordinator
AOR 360 is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and appreciate the strength of diversity. We work collaboratively with our clients to identify and implement strategic, practical solutions to help their organizations meet their goals.
At AOR 360 you will be joining a team of dynamic professionals who pride themselves on exceptional service and commitment to success for our clients. We also appreciate the value of work-life balance for our staff.
AOR 360 offers an environment that allows you to continue developing your career and skills by providing challenging and rewarding opportunities to serve clients in various areas, while working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The role of Events and Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing event planning services and communications, for AOR 360 and its clients. We serve clients in various fields with management, administrative, and executive support. Project planning, budgeting, logistics, contract negotiations and client management are all aspects of this role. This is a remote position and applicants must have access to quality internet service during working hours. This position works under the direction of the Executive Policy Manager, AOR 360.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conference & Event Planning:
All aspects of planning virtual and in person academic and professional association conferences, webinars, continuous professional learning opportunities, meetings, and webinars for AOR’s clients
• Plan conference, event, or meeting with attention to financial and time constraints, including scheduling and event operations.
• Develop and coordinate communication and event marketing and promotional materials.
• Facilitate sponsorship in consultation with client and manage signing and fulfillment of sponsorship agreements.
• Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, sponsors, and stakeholders during the event.
• Organize meeting times, locations and logistics and coordinate with other staff, clients and attendees to ensure all are aware of details.
• Assist with development of event budgets and track spending.
• Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards.
• Manage call for proposals process for conferences.
• Release post event surveys and provide summary reports.
• Support implementation of communications strategies related to events.
• Manage client social media accounts including some content creation.
• Coordinate monthly newsletters for associations, with occasional content creation, and distribute to
• Regular creation and distribution of messaging regarding conferences and events.
• Degree/diploma in hospitality management, public relations, communications, or relevant field is
• Proven experience and track record for successful conference and event planning.
• Experience in planning academic conferences an asset.
• Proficiency in both English and French an asset.
• Experience in writing and managing social media.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
• Problem-solving ability
• Self-motivation with an ability to work independently and remotely.
• Keen attention to detail is essential.
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with external suppliers, internal leaders, peers
and other employees.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
• Competitive compensation commensurate with experience ($20-$26/hour).
• Health, dental and employee assistance benefits (after a waiting period).
• Professional development days.
• A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
• A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development.
This is a full time (40 hours/week) remote position. The successful applicant will need access to high-speed internet.
To apply, please forward your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview, during the week of August 14th, 2023, will be contacted.